Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Occupational Hazard




I just got a laptop which means I have the freedom to work outdoors. Last week I wrote in my backyard and my only complaint was the glare on my screen. I didn’t care so much that I couldn’t see the words I was typing; I didn’t like to see my reflection.

“But you’re so lovely, Elsa. Why would you not like to look at your reflection?” you (or more likely, my mom) might argue. It’s the face I make when I’m writing. Have you ever seen John Mayer’s expression when he sings? Well, it’s not as bad as that but it’s close.

I keep catching a glimpse of it now as I sit on the balcony of my hotel in L.A. It kinda looks like I’m saying, “Huh? What’s going on? Does anybody have another doobie?” My mouth is slightly open, like I’m sleeping on a plane, and the rest of my face is all crinkled up, looking half confused, half disgusted.

It can’t be good for preventing wrinkles. But then again, neither can all this outdoor time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't you bring your camera to take a picture??

Writinggal said...

Yes, but I don't have the little hook-up thing with me. Plus, it's too ugly to reveal.

Liz said...

I am so jealous that you are in L.A. in the first place! And even MORE jealous that you are working with a laptop so you can move wherever you want regardless of the nasty image you see whenever you look at your screen. :)

P.S. very glad you are writing blogs more frequently! I was hating on the two-week stretches between blogs.

Writinggal said...

I was reading US Weekly on the plane on the way here and as we were landing I looked out the window and thought, "This is where they all live! All my FRIES!"

Thea said...

I have gotten to where I can no longer stomach John Mayer's face. It's the most awful thing I've ever seen. I saw him in concert a few times and had to concentrate on teeny live John and avoid close-up Jumbotron John. Then my tivo recorded his Austin City Limits performance. I tried to watch but ended up just deleting it. Elsa, it's like you, food and Jerry Springer. Only I don't even have to be eating.

Anonymous said...

Have you ever thought about why you make that face? is your eyesight getting worse? Are you thinking too much?

I know, leave it to a guy to solve your problems instead of sympathize with them. I read Men are from Mars for a college psych class.