Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2007

A matter of Fudd-pinion


Yesterday we had a healthy Simciks v. Loyds debate. Here’s how it went down:
(Keep in mind that we don’t actually speak in unison but I can’t remember exactly which Simcik and which Loyd said what):

Simciks: We think it’s ridiculous for people to get cheeseburgers at Fuddruckers.

Loyds: Why? We love cheeseburgers at Fuddruckers.

Simciks: Don’t get us wrong. We love cheeseburgers. We love Fuddruckers. But we also love their cheese sauce. All you have to do it get a hamburger and then pump the cheese sauce on it.

Loyds: But the cheese sauce is gross.

Simciks: No, it’s awesome.

Loyds: I’m pretty sure it’s gross. We prefer the slice.

Simciks: And you’re willing to pay fifty-cents more for it? You do realize that they charge you fifty cents more, right?

Loyds: Yes, but it’s superior to the sauce.

Simciks: Well, we prefer the sauce.

Loyds: You actually prefer the sauce? Well, I guess if you’d rather have the sauce, that’s fine. But for us, we’ll take the slice.

Simciks: Don’t you like the sauce for dipping your fries?

Loyds: More than we like it on our hamburgers. It’s a texture issue.

Simciks: The only issue we have is that you’re wrong. Cheese out of a pump is freakin’ good.

Loyds: Well, I think that’s a matter of opinion.

We had to call a truce at that point. Our candy milkshakes were ready and we soon began discussing the advantages and disadvantages of Cool Whip.

So what’s your fudd-pinion? Free, awesome cheese sauce that comes endlessly oozing out of a pump or pricey cheese slice? WG wants to know!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheese that comes out of a pump just isn't cheese!! I have to side against the family on this one. . .but don't tell the Don.

Unknown said...

Any cheese is good cheese

Liz said...

I have to admit that I used to use the cheese sauce occasionally on my fries and I used to use it on my burger. Then I paid for the cheese a few times and it was good. But now I just go NO cheese because I don't want to pay for it but I also don't want to use the pump cheese! Take THAT for an opinion! :)

Liz said...

p.s. I can't believe you are writing about Fuddruckers, my arch nemesis and the reason I almost had a nervous breakdown at 26 years old. :)

Jessi said...

I don't eat cheese slices on anything but a grilled cheese. So it might as well be pump cheese.

Now if it was shredded cheese thats a different story. Put that on everything!

But we don't have a Fudd here...yet. When it opens, I prolly head for the pump.

Anonymous said...

I would have to go with the pumped cheese at Fudds. I usually just put it on the fries, becuase I get a hot dog there instead of the hamburger.
I admit pumped cheese is really not cheese, but then I love Velveeta.
Not going to Fudds for the classy ambience!! :)

Thea said...

I'm all for dipping my fries in the cheese sauce but I definitely draw the line at putting it on my burger. Taste and texture aside, I just don't like it running out of my burger while I'm eating.

Writinggal said...

I'm pleased to have opened up such a fascinating fudd-bate.

It's almost as good as when John Edwards told Hillary last night, "I'm not sure about that coat."

Some of you are saying, "I'm not sure about that cheese."

BabyAddyson said...

You are so funny. I just read your post to Addysin's blog & am now visiting yours for the first time. I have been missing out!!

Writinggal said...

I'm so excited to have a baby reading my blog. That means I can teach you from the beginning to love things like pumped cheese and reality TV.