Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Kid's Got Game

Leo practices his basketball skills nearly every day. The hoop he uses at the YMCA is the toddler-size and they told me yesterday that he played basketball the whole time I taught cycle. But his hoop at home is a little taller and he can make shots from the ground (not just when he has an advantage on the higher patio).

The cool thing about Leo (besides his b-ball talent) is that he never gets frustrated when he misses. He just says, "I missed!" and goes to fetch the ball. I also love his stance right before he shoots. Here are some "shots" of him playing his favorite sport on our driveway this weekend:




5 comments:

Liz said...

Leo is so cool.

Granny Jo said...

So cute and so talented! And sometimes he even lets someone else try to shoot a basket..like me!

GR said...

There was a high school phenom in a recently televised shooting contest and one of the announcers said he heard that the player had been working on his game since he was two. The other announcer smirked like "Yeah, sure." Thinking of Leo, I wondered why the kid had waited so late. Great pictures!!!

Kristin said...

Wow Leo, you are going to need a taller basket soon!

Writinggal said...

My monthly babycenter update said something like, "At 23 months, your child may be able to throw a ball..." Ha!