Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Signs of Spring

It's the end of March and it's still cold here. It's just not right. I mean, if I wanted to suffer I'd live in Wisconsin. But even though it's chilly, I've seen a few indicators that tell me spring is on its way:

1. The canopy went up for Nell's produce stand! Nell is this old lady who has two produce stands (that I know of) in Atlanta. One is in a parking lot right by my house. Her grandson runs it. It's only open between April and October. They sell all your basic fruits and veggies but the best part is they have red peppers for $1! Oh, and sometimes, if you buy a lot of stuff, they give you a basket. I heart free baskets.

2. The cover is off on our neighborhood pool! I'm not sure why they need to take it off two months before the pool opens but it tells me warm weather is coming!

3. I looked down at my feet and thought, ew, is that nasty wart that I had removed from my toe coming back? And if it is, how am I going to wear open toe shoes? Should I try to remove it again or just cover it up with make-up? That's gross to use make-up on your foot and then on your face. I don't want to buy separate feet make-up. Do they make feet make-up? Should I put a band-aid on it? I never would have had all these random thoughts about the state of my feet if spring weren't near!

Okay, that's all I got so far. I'll keep you posted. I need all the hope I can get because it's like 40 degrees right now. You won't catch me out buying peppers or prematurely jumping in the pool. Although I might shop for feet make-up.

2 comments:

Granny Jo said...

Time for that pedicure!!!

Kristin said...

Won't tell you about the awesome, perfect weather we are having in Austin. wearing sandals to work today!
But don't worry in a few weeks we will be sweating buckets!