Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Elsa Valentine's Day

I woke up Valentine's Day morn to a heart shaped cookie cake on the kitchen table. Yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy--my favorite! I opened the box and debated about eating it for breakfast. There, in delicious-looking chocolate and white icing was the message:






I went to go wake-up Frank so we could have a good laugh about the stupidity of the Great American Cookie Company workers. "Happy Frank Valentine's Day!" I said. "Huh?" he asked, still half-asleep. "Thanks for the cookie cake! I love the message, 'Happy Elsa Valentine's Day.'"

"Huh?" he asked again.

Oh, no. I saw what was happening here. It wasn't the staff at the GACC after all. It was Frank. He ordered it like this and he didn't see what was wrong with it. He confirmed this when he asked, "What's wrong with that?"

I soon learned how it happened: Frank went up to the mall on Saturday morning and said, "I want a cake that says 'Happy Valentine's Day, Elsa.'" The guy said, "Well, I've got a cake that already says 'Happy Valentine's Day.' If you want me to add in the name I'll have to start all over." Then Frank got what he thought was a brilliant idea: "Hey, there's some room over there next to 'happy.' Why don't you just write 'Elsa' there?" Without hesitation, the GACC employee did as he was told.

After Frank told me the story, he asked again. "So what's wrong with that?" I said, "You don't think it sounds weird? I mean, what if I said, 'Merry Frank Christmas?'"

"That would be fine! All the components of the message are there!" he replied.

I couldn't argue with that. And I also didn't want to complain since the addition of my name--even if it was in an awkward place--meant more icing for me! So Happy Blog Readers President's Day!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Good thing you don't have a long name like, "Alexandra". Then the GACC worker would of had to start over! :-)

Writinggal said...

Good point. It would have been perfect, though, if my name was exclamation mark.

Liz said...

awesome! You should send this to cakewrecks and have them post it. :)