Search This Blog

Monday, June 30, 2008

Amelia Bedelia works at the Great American Cookie Co.

Today is Frank’s b-day. It’s also Leo’s two month b-day. I had this great idea for a cake. I would incorporate the fact that Frank is 372 months today and Leo is 2 months. And I designed it so they could share the “2.” Make sense?

It didn’t to the dude working at the Great American Cookie Co. “So my husband is turning 31 and my baby is turning two months,” I told him. “I figured out that my husband is 372 months so it could look like this.” I then showed him my design:






"But this says that your husband is 37. I thought you said he was 31?" The male Amelia Bedelia said.


"Well, it actually says 372 months. See, that's how many MONTHS he is. I see that I did leave a little gap between the 7 and the 2. Maybe that's why you're confused. Let me close it up."


I then re-drew the design but made the spacing tigther between the 7 and the 2.


"Well, which one do you want?" he asked.


"The bottom one," I said. (Keep in mind they are the SAME thing.) He then scribbled out the top one and said, "Better just throw this one away or you won't get the right cake."


Okay, Amelia. You do that.


Anyway, even after all that our cake still looked a little awkward. (Turn your head because my blogger keeps flipping the pic):




But we didn't care because it tasted awesome! Amelia could have written "Writinggal Sucks" on the cake and I would still devour it in two days.


This was the boys' reaction:









Frank was excited because he was going to eat cookie cake. Leo wondered why I got him a cake when he can't chew yet. Sorry, I forgot! I think when he's old enough, he might get me a cake that says "Writinggal Sucks."

3 comments:

Liz said...

LOL!!! You got a couple big laughs out of that one from me. GREAT idea.... poorly executed by Amelia. Thank goodness they at least have quality control on the actual cookie, if not the very, very, exceptionally easy design that someone DREW OUT FOR THEM. idiots.

Moral of the story:

Elsa = Genius
GACC = Idiots

Put that on your next cookie cake.

Writinggal said...

That's a great idea for my next cookie cake! Maybe for 4th of July?

Oh, and when I went to pick up the cake, Amelia was decorating one. I said, "I just have to pick one up and I've already paid for it." He said, "No. I HAVE to finish this first." It was a complicated design with different colors! I had to wait like ten minutes!

Liz said...

Somehow, I am NOT surprised that Amelia is a "he". :)