Search This Blog

Friday, June 20, 2008

I have twelve friends

My friend Jaime convinced me to join Facebook. I didn’t want to. It reminded me of IM and texting and all those other technologies I’m against. Other reasons I didn’t like it:

--it seemed to be time-consuming
--everybody can read the messages you send to people and messages people send you.
--I’d feel pressure to update it with pictures and other random things.
--I’m too old.

I joined anyway. And now do you know what I think about it? All of those things I just said! They’re all true. I mean, I already have two blogs, two email accounts and a cell phone. I can’t keep up with anything else!

But the worst part about Facebook is that you have to have friends. And some people have like 79 friends. How do they get all these friends? I only have twelve. I’m not even sure what to do with these friends. Sometimes they send me things like quizzes and strange messages but then FB makes me “add an application” just to view them. So I apologize to my twelve friends in advance for not responding to those invitations.

Maybe instead of feeling like a loser for only having twelve friends, I’ll make it like an exclusive club—like Elsa’s twelve disciples. I’ll say that I only WANT twelve. I won’t accept anymore. You have to like, audition, to be my Facebook friend.

Yes, I am definitely too old for this.

3 comments:

Jessi said...

I must be too old too because I have no idea how to use it and I'm on it! What's with people buying photos or saying how much you are worth?

Writinggal said...

Hey, Minneapolis girl!

Liz just became my 13th friend and she has 450 friends!!

I hope she never has a birthday party and has to "invite the whole class." That would be expensive.

Liz said...

LOL. That would be awesome. We could host at your new writinggal office and you could make us some Aunt Elsa. YESSSS!!!!!