Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Easter Basketball

Leo's fancy, expensive Easter basket arrived today. I started to explain to him what an Easter basket is but all he heard was "basket" and he immediately got a ball:


And speaking of basketball, Leo had a sub in Mother's Morning Out today who had been a basketball player at Kennesaw State. As Leo started playing with the basketball and hoop (as he always does when I drop him off), I told her, "Leo loves basketball." She said, "Oh, I know." She had gotten the run-down on all the kids from his teacher! She was impressed with Leo's b-ball skills and told me to encourage it--he might get a scholarship like she did. I brought up the subject of his height but she stayed positive: "There's a point guard in the NBA who's 5'6," she said.
When I picked Leo up he was holding the same basketball. The teacher said he NEVER put it down--for two-and-a-half hours! Leo said (as he always does), "I missed!" The teacher said, "But he made it a lot too. He liked to dunk it."
With all that encouragement, we're ready to sign Leo up for the NBA--or maybe the NEBA (National Easter Basketball Association).

4 comments:

Granny Jo said...

What a beautiful Easter basket! And I suppose Easter eggs are really balls?

GR said...

Do you notice how the people that have actually played basketball on a team are always impressed with Leo's talent? It's not just us doting relatives. The boy has serious skills.

Writinggal said...

Oops! I put this on the wrong blog. Oh, well. Seems to be the same audience!

Writinggal said...

GJ-I actually found Easter eggs that look like balls-basketballs, soccer balls, footballs, baseballs!

GR- That's true. I think I'm in the clear to use his college savings account for other things since a scholarship is almost certain!