Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Need a confidence boost? Go see my hairdresser.

I used to be really delinquent about getting my hair cut. Not anymore. I go every three months whether I need to or not. And it's not because my hairdresser, Tina, is the only person who can cut my hair. It's because she majorly boosts my self esteem.

From the minute I walk in there it's compliment after compliment. The following are all actual words that she said on my last visit:

"Oh, girl. You look amazing!" (This was followed by a hug.)
"I can't believe you had a baby!"
"You are so funny."
"Oh, I just love you."
"You're hilarious."
"Your hair is so...
--beautiful"
--shiny"
--pretty"
--great"
--nice"
"I bet they're so glad to have you back at the Y."
"Your family was in town for the holidays? Oh, I bet they just love you. I mean, how could anyone not love you?"
"You look so good even though you're not wearing make-up."
"You're in such great shape."

Did I mention the whole hair cut only takes about twenty minutes, including shampoo and blow dry? That's a lot of compliments to fit into that short amount of time.

But wait. There's more:

After the haircut:
"You look gorgeous. I mean, you looked gorgeous before but now you look really gorgeous." (Followed by another hug.)

When Frank and Leo came to pick me up, she had, naturally, lots of compliments for Leo but when Frank was out of earshot she said, "Your husband is so good looking. You both are. You go great together!"

After paying for the hair cut (and the overpriced hair product she suggested), I left feeling like some sort of super model...until I heard her greet her next client:

"Oh, girl. You look amazing!"

No comments: