Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Perfecting the Parfait


Now I may not be able to bake but I make a mean instant pudding. What does that mean to make a “mean” something anyway? Pudding isn’t mean; it’s fluffy, creamy and is best when licked right off the beaters. Well anyway, I’ve got it down.

I’m always experimenting with pretty pudding presentations. A few times I’ve put the vanilla pudding in martini glasses (finally found a use for those things), dipped two small graham crackers on each side, and put a little bit of chocolate syrup and a cherry on top.

Last night for book club I got more creative. I think I made parfaits. I’m not really sure what constitutes a parfait (like maybe it’s supposed to have nuts and strawberry flavoring and caramel) but I’m still calling mine a parfait. It had layers so I figure that counts. The layers went like this:

Graham cracker crumbles
Sugar free white chocolate pudding
Light whip cream
Graham cracker crumbles
Pudding
Whip cream
Cherry on top
Little bit of light Hershey’s syrup on top of that.

I crumbled up the graham crackers in my new Pampered Chef food chopper which is awesome. I set up this whole little assembly line of nine martini glasses, the crumbles, the pudding and the whip cream. Even the little cherries sat there in a row. It was a little time consuming but worth it.

Mmmm…they were so good and low in calories too (approx. 200 calories each). I think as long as my baking doesn’t involve an oven (which I guess is the definition of baking) then I’m okay. And if involves an electric mixer that requires me to lick the beaters, I’m better than okay.


Look at my pretty parfaits all in a row! Good girls.

4 comments:

Jessi said...

In our parfaits, we have a layer of strawberries with cool whip and vanilla pudding. I'll have to try your version sometime. I like me some graham crackers!

Liz said...

wow!! that's awesome! Go MixingGal!

Anonymous said...

Take my word, they were so good!!!

Writinggal said...

"MixingGal" I love it! Maybe I'll start a whole new blog devoted to my mixins'.