Search This Blog

Friday, February 17, 2006

I Take it Back


You’re not all invited to my mountain home anymore. Why? Because I’m pretty sure I’m gonna win. You see I’ve entered over 40 times. How many times did you enter? Yep, that’s what I thought.

I put a recurring meeting on my calendar every day from January 1st until February 17th.
Okay, I didn’t think of the recurring meeting until the 9th so I’m estimating that I missed about eight days. But still…40 entries? Quite impressive. I was actually bummed today when I entered my name, email, address, phone number, year of birth and sex for the last time. It’s become such a habit—like eating my Kashi cereal, having my Oprah snack and sipping my banana/blueberry smoothie. (So what if all my other habits have to do with food?)

So anyway, before I thought it was just a lofty dream—a long shot. Now that I’m confident about my victory I think it’s best if I don’t invite every single blog reader. I mean, I don’t even know some of you. What if you were to steal my bamboo rugs? Or the dog I plan on getting for the doggy dream home? Or worse, my cabana boy? I’m sorry to let you down but it just won’t work. At least you can say you sort of know someone who won the dream home.

I will say that even though I’m pretty positive I’m gonna win, I do have a few worries:

--In mid-January I got a new cell phone number. What if one of my old cell phone number entries wins and they can’t get a hold of me? Will they mail me something? Will they email me? If someone has my old cell phone number will they just act like they’re me? I’m gonna call it right now and see if someone has it.

Ah! Somebody does have it! The good news? He doesn’t speak English. I spoke with Juan briefly (in Spanglish) and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t know about the contest. Schwoo…

--They’re announcing the winner LIVE on April 29th. What does that mean? Will I already have been notified and I’ll be there with them at my mountain home? Will I come dancing out of the project room?

OR will they show up at my house in Dallas all Publishers Clearing House style to notify me? If that’s the case, I won’t be here! I’ll be at cousin Leanne’s engagement party (which by the way, is on your street, Jacquie, so I’ll be stopping by to say Happy 1st Birthday to Charlie too).

So, you see? I’m totally busy that day and I won’t be there when they show up. Will they just give it to my neighbor, Edwin? I think I’ll leave a note. I’ll give them your address, Jacquie, if that’s okay. I trust you won’t steal my dream home. I’ll even let you come visit.

So now all we can do is wait. I guess you all could enter one more time today. But really, what’s the point? I’ve totally got it in the bag. If you still really really want to see my mountain home, I will be holding auditions for the position of my cabana boy. But I will tell you, I sort of already promised it to my new friend Juan.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Visit smisit-- I'm gonna win! Okay, so I've only entered about 4 times... to your 40, but I totally deserve it. Do you know what I went through last year on the 29th! Happy birthday, Charlie. Here's your new playhouse! (We need not tell him it's for the dog.)

Writinggal said...

Okay, here's the deal: If I win we'll let you guys come for an extended stay. And since I love Charlie so much, he won't have to sleep in the dog house. There should be plenty of room in the wine cellar. Or in my new SUV.

Liz said...

I have to admit, I've entered about 25 times myself (every week day since you told us about it, I just didn't do weekends). And you know, if you entered once, you didn't have to enter all your info again... only your e-mail address. But maybe that'll give you a better chance. :) p.s. If Charlie goes, I go. I love him... that little lobster.

Writinggal said...

I know you didn't have to enter all your info but I didn't trust it!

Yes, you can come too, Liz. But since you entered 25 times, you might be my competition. Can I stay in the sky bedroom?

Anonymous said...

E: if you sell the house, will you buy a Villa in Italy? And, can I be the caretaker?
Oh and Jacquie must bring Charlie for visits!

Writinggal said...

Well that sounds like the best plan yet.