Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Our Wednesday Sacrifice

Frank and I watch way too much TV. Now that we have Ti-faux we always have shows we have to “catch up” on. Frank even said last night, “I’m stressed out because we have all these Curb your Enthusiasms to catch up on.” As he said this another one began recording. Ah! We’re backin’ up!

We considered giving up TV for Lent. It went like this:

Elsa: I think I should give up TV for Lent. But you’d have to do it too.

Frank: But what about Katie in the mornings?

Elsa: No, that wouldn’t count. We could still watch Katie and co. in the morning. We have to know what’s going on in the world. But that’s it.

Frank: So you’re not gonna watch Oprah in the afternoons?

Elsa: Well, I could still watch Oprah. I mean, what if I recognize one of those sex offenders she’s trying to catch? We could win $100,000. It would be financially irresponsible not to watch.

Frank: So we just won’t watch TV at night I guess.

Elsa: Right. It’ll suck to not watch Desperate Housewives and Grey’s Anatomy.

Frank: And Everybody Hates Chris and the Office.

Elsa: And Will & Grace and How I met your Mother.

Frank: And the Ghost Whisperer with Jennifer Love Hewitt

(Oh, he’s gonna kill me for that one).

Elsa: Maybe we could still watch our favorite shows. But ya know, there's nothing we HAVE to watch on Wednesdays since we're the only people in America who don't watch Lost.

Frank. Yeah, Wednesdays are pretty open. Maybe we could just not watch TV on Wednesday nights.

So that’s how we went from banning TV for six weeks to banning TV for six evenings.

We actually got a jump start on it last night. Instead of watching TV we played Gin. It was fun and I’m pretty sure we used our brains a little. But after Frank kicked my butt in Gin we had to turn on the TV. We had like twelve Curb your Enthusiasms to catch up on.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was going to feel so much pressure to give up TV too if you both did it!
I don't watch Lost either.
I could not give up "Friends" reruns and HGTV. That would be a sacrifice.

Writinggal said...

And Everybody Loves Raymond reruns and Seinfeld and Sex and the City and yes, the HGTV!! I think I need a hobby.

Oh, and by the way, I ban any comments on my blog that have the phrase, "I don't have time to watch TV." You know how I feel about you people.

Anonymous said...

I've been watching Sex and the City on Netflix, and it is even better than tifaux! No commercials, and 4 episodes per disc. The only problem is that I've just finished season 6. . .

Writinggal said...

Frank would like that because then you can see boobies.

Jessi said...

Justin and Frank should meet.

Anonymous said...

Would it still count as giving up TV if you Ti-feauxed your favorite Prime Time shows, but did not watch them until after Easter?

Writinggal said...

I'm sure Frank would say that would count. But that's kinda like if I drank every night after Easter last year to make up for not drinking during Lent. Wait. I think I did do that.

Writinggal said...

I'm sure Frank would say that would count. But that's kinda like if I drank every night after Easter last year to make up for not drinking during Lent. Wait. I think I did do that.