Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I'm rich!

I got an email this morning that said I won the lottery:

We are pleased to inform you of the result of the Lottery Winners
International programs held on the 02/12/2005. Your e-mail address attached to ticket number:310878GH655BE which consequently won in the 1st category,you have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of US$2,000,000.00 (Two Million United States dollars).


They want me to contact them with all my information: Name, Address, Phone, even fax! I always dreamed of winning a lottery over email. Especially a lottery I didn’t even enter. Oh, and a lottery in which the notification comes from a very shady email address and the message is sprinkled with typos:

Remember, all winning must be claimed not later than 21 days...

This is better than all those free Gap clothes I got for forwarding a very official-looking text email to my friends! It's even better than all the free dinners I received from Chili’s for doing the same thing. For about six months there I would just get up, put on my khaki pants and white t-shirt (thanks, Gap) and head off to Chili’s for a free Turkey Combo.

And just like this lottery, I didn’t have to do anything! People just seem to want to give me things for free.

Oh, I just read this part:


CONGRATULATIONS!!! Due to mix up of some numbers and names, we ask that you keep your winning information confidential until your claims has been processed and your money Remitted to you.

Oops. So do me a favor and don’t tell anyone about this. I don’t wanna get pestered with all the sick kid stories and endangered animal causes just yet. I just want to sit back and think about how I want to spend my $2 mil. Hey, don’t worry. I won’t let the money change me. I’ll still write this blog. I’ll still be Writinggal. And Cookinggal.

But I’m totally upgrading my wardrobe to Banana Republic.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elsa,
Wow, I won the same lottery! What are the odds? Does this mean I have to share it with you? I don't know how I feel about that. I think I should get most of it because . . . well, just because. Love your blog. Keep it up.
Woodie

Writinggal said...

Yay, it's my old pal Woodie from the YMCA! (Not that you're old, Woodie.)

But now that you're rich I hope you won't quit the YMCA and join some fancy gym. Then I will lose all respect for you!

Anonymous said...

I am surpirsed they didn't ask you to "secure" your winnings with $20,000! I mean that is what happen when I won the Australian lottery I did not enter. And by the way have never received my millions from......
Good thing my sister won though! :)

Writinggal said...

Kristin,I will share the wealth. You can have all my Gap clothes since I'm upgrading now. And I think I have one more free dinner at Chili's.

ReadBecca said...

At least you won something. You know, since you lost the Golden Globe pick-the-winner contest. Which I won. I AM THE CHAMPION. I AM THE CHAMPION. NO TIME FOR LOSERS 'CAUSE I AM THE CHAMPION...OF THE WORLD!

Writinggal said...

Hey, with my $2 Mil I can buy my own coffee mugs with famous directors on them! I can even buy myself a Golden Globe!