Search This Blog

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Gus' First Day of Preschool and Leo's Last First Day of Preschool

Finally, we had our First Day of School! With the explosion of social media, I have to see all the other FDOS of school pictures for WEEKS before our school started. But I'm not complaining. I am glad we are still in the sweet little church preschool and not yet in the claws of the public school system. None of us were ready! 

Leo is in the "Wolves" class this year. That is the Pre-K class with some kids who are being held back from Kindergarten (like Leo) and some who will turn five this fall. There are twelve boys and three girls. He will go four days a week (Tuesday thru Friday) from 9-2. 

In the days leading up to school Leo was pretty cool about it. He has a history of school anxiety so I was glad he didn't seem worried when we talked about it. He even ran into the building with a classmate today. But when we actually walked in his room, he became withdrawn. I'd love to tell you how his day went but he's a boy and he tells me NOTHING. All I got was that he liked music and that they did too many things on the playground for him to tell me and that he was tired of talking. 

Gus is in the "Bears" class for two-year-olds. I think his class is pretty even between girls and boys. There are ten of them. Gus will go two days a week (Tuesday and Thursdays) from 9-2. 

Gus had no nervousness leading up to school. When I'd say, "Who is going to school?" he'd say, "I do!" He walked in, he played, he sat at the table. The teachers said he had a "beautiful first day." That was nice of them to say because on the written report it said "I made" and they had circled "poo poo." I would not call Gus' BMs beautiful. Oh, and he did not sleep during nap time but he did crash when we got home. 

So here is a picture dump of our first day! 



Hope they don't expect little notes every day. 


Leo loved showing Gus how to wear his backpack.













Of course, Leo wanted to make silly faces.


Even on school days Leo delivers the newspaper to Ms. Sue.


Oops, Gus toppled over from the weight of his backpack. I snapped this before helping him. Cruel?


I see you!



Gus got right to work.

Do you see Leo in the wolf pack? He's on the top row in the middle.

It looks like he's being sweet but he's actually hogging all the toys and the girl next to him is mad. "He's taking all the purple ones!!"


We go back again tomorrow for Leo's class. I have a feeling Leo will not want to and Gus will!

3 comments:

Granny Jo said...

Don't keep me in suspense...did they eat their lunches?

Kristin said...

So proud of my adorable nephews. Can't wait to hear about all the adventures of the "Wolves" and the "Bears" this year. love, Tia

Writinggal said...

Ha, sorry for the suspense! Gus appeared to have eaten every single bite of his lunch but on his report it said he ate "most" rather than "all." Leo ate pretty good for him; he had his sandwich (which is half a sandwich) and a few bites of his apple and a couple of cheese squares. He said he didn't have time to eat anything else.