Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Frankosophies: Olympic Special Edition

It's been awhile since I've posted Frank's theories on life and the world and whatnot. But he has this one Frankosophy that he brings up every time the Olympics roll around. And since London 2012 starts Friday, I thought this was a good time for an Olympic version of Frankosophies:

Frank says something like this: "You know, these sports like gymnastics and swimming and the SHOT PUT, nobody ever talks about them any other time. It's not like like football where people follow it religiously and know everything about it. It's like, who cares about synchronize swimming or diving? Nobody! Until it's Olympic time and everyone's talking about it and acting like they know the lingo and  saying they give a s#*t about who wins and who loses and they're all sobbing as someone they've never even heard of runs and does a flip on a vault and "sticks the landing." But why didn't they care about people sticking landings for the last four years? They didn't! They didn't watch gymnastics once and I didn't either and that's why I don't care about the stupid Olympics."

I took some major creative licenses here but you get the point. He will not be joining me couch side as I watch me some kick-ass floor routines next week! Go Team USA!




2 comments:

Granny Jo said...

Lets just make it into a party...get some beer and chips and Frank will be there in front of the TV cheering with the rest of us.

GR said...

Nothing against the Olympics (snooze), but how many days until football season begins?