Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Holiday Albums + Celebrity Perfumes

What do these two things have in common? EVERYTHING!

The other day we were listening to the Jimmy Eat World Christmas album. I thought, "What made Jimmy Eat World think they should do a Christmas album?" I mean, James Taylor, sure. It just doesn't seem like a rock band who writes its own songs would want/need to perform holiday songs.
So my theory is that bands/singers who make Christmas albums think it's easy, quick money. Then they act like they really love the genre but really think it's kinda cheesy.

It's exactly the same with celebs who peddle perfumes. When I heard my buddy Jennifer Aniston was launching a scent, my first thought was, "Yes, I think I WOULD like to smell like Jen!" But then I thought, "Why would she, a super successful actress who is constantly making movies (albeit some not so great), need to push perfume?" And then you can fill in the same theory: CELEBS who make PERFUME think it's easy, quick money. Then they act like they really love the genre but really think it's kinda cheesy.

I saw Sarah Jessica Parker on Oprah once, talking about her perfume. She was all, "I have always wanted to do this!" No way. Her manager said, "You should do a perfume" and she said, "No, that's so cheesy. Plus, I have way too much going on" and her manager replied with, "It's super easy money. You don't really have to do anything but smell it and make sure it's not gross." Then SJP said, "Sign me up!"

Little trivia: Which singers have done both a holiday album AND a perfume? (Answers below. I can't make them upside down but wish I could.)


Jessica Simpson
Mariah Carey
Christina Aguilera

There are probably more but these are just ones I guessed and looked up and confirmed. Now, if Jennifer Aniston made a Christmas album, I would probably buy that.




2 comments:

Thea said...

Saw an ad for Justin Beiber perfume and thought of you. ;) He's got a new Christmas album out as well. Has your name all over it.

Writinggal said...

That is awesome. Major Beiber fever!