Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Grubbin' with Gus


Gus is eating food now! His friend Pascal's mom told me she was just going to do the same feeding plan with Pascal as she did with his older brother, Etienne "because it worked." As for me, I am going to do the opposite of what I did with Leo because it, well, didn't work :)

I'm not certain I'll avoid having a super-picky eater but I'm going to give it my best. With Leo, I didn't let him start chewing food until he was like 22 months old. Or as Frank says, "You still have him on a liquid diet." I was so scared he would choke that the dude was eating baby food long after he was a baby. It was a little embarrassing. So anyway, I've got a book and a steamer and some food storage trays and I'm making my own baby food this time! And since I'm sure I'll tire of that quickly, little Gus should be onto chewable food within a few weeks.



(Here's a picture of Leo right before we baked some cookies. Didn't want to leave him out and since the topic was food...)


Here's Gus' first rice cereal feeding. Frank looks like Super Dad, doesn't he?
Frank is feeding Gus with the spoon that he used when he was a baby!
So glad Leo has his stethoscope handy, just in case.

Gus loved it so much that we brought out the high chair!
Now he's trying sweet potatoes (that I made)!
Don't be fooled by his Halloween outfit. This did just take place within the last few days. But the outfit still fits and is comfortable!

Gus' impatient side came out when we fed him so he insisted on having his own spoon in addition to Frank's baby spoon.




And here's just a cute shot of lookalikes Frank and Gus (or "Captain Hook" and "Cubby" since Leo, I mean "Jake" insisted that we play characters tonight. "Dizzy" took the picture.)
Notice Cubby's cloth diaper. Between making baby food and using cloth diapers, I have become so crunchy these days!


4 comments:

Jessi said...

I love white cloth diapers. Gus is so cute!

Kristin said...

I think you might be able to move back to Austin! Love the photo of Frank and Gus at the end, so adorable!

Granny Jo said...

Love those cloth diapers on Gus. And the last pic of both Frank and Gus is so adorable...,please send to Granny Jo! And I'm so happy Frank used his old baby spoon with Gus.

I saw preschool acting classes advertised in the Katy area...immediately thought of Leo.

Writinggal said...

Jessi, you are the one who got me going with the cloth diapers with those Bum Geniuses you sent me! We love them. I think that's one of them that he's wearing.