Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Leo-The Stud; Gus-The Chub

I'll start with "The Chub." Gus had his four month doctor visit and while he's not in the 95th percentile anymore, he's still way up there in the 75th at 16 pounds, 8 ounces. Same goes for height (length) at 26.2 inches. His head his in the 50th percentile. "That's good," I told the doctor. "I don't want him to have too big or too small of a head!"



Gus was actually really fussy at this appointment until the sweet doctor got a hold of him. I said, "He's probably going to cry when he gets his shots" and the doc said, "I'd worry if he didn't."
"Hey, no fair weighing me in socks! They add at least two more pounds!"



As for Leo, he had a lot of fun at cousin Barbara's wedding in Birmingham last weekend. He met an almost three-year-old little girl at the rehearsal dinner and actually shared his trains with her! I knew he was in love!

The next night at the reception, after I encouraged him a little, he asked her to dance. (She was the flower girl!)About three times they bumped heads and would go running to their parents crying but other than that...
They danced all night!
Well, actually, she also danced with this other little boy. I called him the "curly headed Cassanova." But then Leo stole a flower from a bridesmaid's bouquet and brought it to her. So smooth!


3 comments:

Granny Jo said...

I didn't know you encouraged Leo in his first romantic moves. But I did hear that curly head was her brother...so not to worry, Leo. Just wait Gus...your time is coming with that sweet smile.

Kristin said...

Oh Gus, what a Pooh Bear you are!
And Leo or should I call you "Rico Suave", the ladies better watch out!

GR said...

Those are good-lookin' dudes. As Kristin remarked, the ladies better watch out when the youngest Simcik brothers are on the prowl.