Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

Orange you surprised…

…that I have no idea how to eat an orange?

 

IMG_3836

But if you knew that I was 25 before I tried an apple, you really wouldn’t be that surprised. We were given some fresh, authentic Florida oranges, right out of someone’s backyard.

I was pleased to receive them and planned to eat them. But when I made an attempt, I realized I didn’t know how. In fact, I don’t really remember ever eating an orange. I think maybe I’ve sucked on an orange wedge after a 5K but I’ve never just busted out an orange and done whatever it is you do to it (peel, cut?) and eaten it.

Luckily, there’s really nothing you could type into Google that someone hasn’t asked before. So when I put in “How to eat an orange” I was directed to  this page from WikiHow.

It made me feel much better about my situation for two reasons:

1. It started by explaining that you shouldn’t bite right into the orange peel. Hey, I already knew that!!

2. The bottom said that this page had been viewed over 47,000 times. That’s a lot of people as orange-idiotic as me!

Now I will follow WikiHow’s directions precisely and enjoy my fresh, Florida oranges. Or I might just eat some Clementines. They’re way easier.

2 comments:

GR said...

How can this be? We even had a special citrus peeling tool in the
kitchen. It is missing now . I enjoyed eating one of the oranges that Virginia brought.

mama

Writinggal said...

I never knew of this tool! Maybe if I had, things would be different!