Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nice place to live but I wouldn’t want to visit

 

3735790107_701d2dc8dc

 

We really like living near Old Town Roswell. It’s cute, quaint and they have fun restaurants and shops. Frank commented that he liked living near little downtowns, “you know, with boutiques.”

“You don’t like boutiques,” I said.

“But I like to live near them,” he said. “I’m not going to actually shop there.”

“And what about bistros and cafes?” I asked.

“Yes, those too. I don’t want to go to a bistro or café but I like living near them,” he said.

He compared this to living on a golf course: He doesn’t actually enjoy playing golf, but it would be nice to live on a golf course. The view is nice, they keep up the lawns and you don’t have any neighbors behind you.

We then thought of a whole list of things that we’d like to live near but wouldn’t actually use:

The mountains: they’re pretty but do we really want to climb a mountain?

A ski resort: nice scenery, lots of fun, but we probably wouldn’t even get on the lift.

Museum: says you’re in an artsy, upscale part of town. It’s not like we would get a membership though.

The Fresh Market: We actually do live right across the street from this specialty grocery store. “I like living across from Fresh Market,” said Frank. “But it’s way too expensive. I never go there.” I’m so proud of the fact that we live across from this upscale establishment that I often tell people that our neighborhood is, “You know, right across from The Fresh Market…” even though it’s also right next to a Kroger.

Now, the airport is the opposite. We like to travel and we hate having to drive far before and after trips. But live near the airport? No way.

I think Frank would rather shop at boutiques.

5 comments:

Granny Jo said...

Bottom line...it's all about appearances!

Writinggal said...

That's right! Now I'm going to drive right by that fancy Fresh Market and go to Kroger.

Kristin said...

Location, Location, Location!

GR said...

I like living near the senior living facility, but I don't want to move there (at least not yet). It's real quiet, except when an ambulance comes by to remove one of the residents.

Writinggal said...

Come to think of it, we also live right by a senior living facility. They are good neighbors, even the ones who sometimes get lost wandering in our neighborhood :(