Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What the Sprinkler Guy Thinks of Us

I usually keep a clean house. People sometimes comment, “It doesn’t even look like a child lives here” (which I take as a compliment). I mean, I let Leo pull out toys and play but only so many at once and we always put them away before nap time and bed time.

But somehow yesterday, things got out of control. This was the scene at our house when the sprinkler guy showed up:

 IMG_2416

It looks like Cousin Eddie’s house in the “Vacation” movies!

And if you think the sprinkler guy just thought we were messy, you’re wrong. He also thought we were gross because we have a potty in the middle of the floor and my child has NO PANTS ON—not even a diaper!! (Now this is because I was half-heartedly trying this potty-training method where the kid runs around naked. More on that later.)

IMG_2415

So to sum it up, here is what the Sprinkler Guy walked into:

  • A living room with toys scattered everywhere
  • A pile of trains, planes and cars in the foyer
  • A plastic potty right in the middle of the floor
  • A bottomless kid sitting on a chair, watching TV

It’s unfortunate because normally we are a clean-house, pants-wearing, potties-only-in-bathroom kind of family. But he’ll forever think otherwise.

Oh, and when I took this picture, my half-naked son said, “CHEESE! I’M WATCHING THOMAS!!”

4 comments:

Liz said...

Before I even got to the end of the post, I was going to comment that my favorite part is Leo's "cheese" face and how he makes it even when you're all the way across the room. You've got that kiddo TRAINED!

I've been wondering about the three-day "pee all over the floor, run around naked" potty training method. Sounds like you're either totally over it or really didn't even think it would work to start with.

Kristin said...

I thought maybe aliens had invaded your home!
That looks like what would happen if Tia was babysitting!
Leo looks pleased as punch though!

Granny Jo said...

Can't wait for the scoop on the naked potty training.

Writinggal said...

I'm aborting naked potty training for now. I don't think he's ready because when he would pee on the floor he would just say, "I pee peed" and then put his trains in the pee pee. "Trains in the pee pee!"