Search This Blog

Monday, September 22, 2014

Oh, the Games Leo Plays




Leo is often disgruntled. He accuses us of punishing him unfairly, for "no reason at all." When he gets in these moods, he likes to express his frustration through art. Usually that means he writes "Mom" or "Dad" with an X over it. The other day he took it to another level and, while he was in time-out for one of these imaginary offenses, created a game. 

I was the lucky one who got to play it. He hid post-it notes around the dining room for me to find. Each note represented either his hatred for me or his love for me. 

The first one I found was slightly disturbing, I think because of the red ink. It was the one you see below with a stick figure of me, the word "mom" with an X over it and an arrow pointing to said stick figure. Again, the red ink makes it look a little bloody and ups the creepy factor. An example of a love note is the one with the heart and mom. The one with all of our names and exclamation points is also a positive one. The one with all the boxes is a bad one, but I'm not really sure why. 




He said that if there are more bad notes, he doesn't like me but if there are more good notes, he does. "There are more good notes so I love you!" he said with a smile. Well, it's a good thing he likes art cause his math isn't adding up.

When Leo is not making up crazy games for me to play, he enjoys riding off into the sunset.





2 comments:

Granny Jo said...

Sounds like Leo keeps life very interesting. He's a clever one! Love it!

GR said...

I sure hope we get some "positive" notes when we babysit next week.