Search This Blog

Friday, March 29, 2013

Jolly Rogers

As you know, I'm not a hoarder. But I do love getting new things for the house. Right now it's okay because we need a lot of things.  But one day I'll have to stop. (Or perhaps just replace?)

Every time we get a new little something for the house, it's like new eye candy for a couple of weeks. Frank says it's how I get my jollies. And when he says that, that makes me think of the Jolly Roger since Leo is into pirate stuff.

When I got my lamp in the living room, every time I would walk by it I'd get a little giddy. It's like a little surprise for your eyes. Eventually I get used to it and my eyes just run over it like they do the toys. Here's one that gave me jolly rogers for at least a month:


This cute little table for the entry to our bedroom.




I'm also pleasantly surprised every time I walk in our kitchen and I see the new yellow paint that Frank's dad put on the walls last week. I love the color, but to tell you the truth, I think I really get my jolly rogers from the smell. Nothing like a paint fume high.




So here's my latest: We just took down the baby gate between the living room and the stairs. Part of me is a little sad because it means Gus is growing up. But that's just a little part. A bigger part of me gets my jolly rogers every time I see the unobstructed view of our foyer.




The bad news is this too will wear off. The good news is it doesn't have to be a big thing or an expensive thing--a new picture on the wall, fresh seat cushions on the kitchen chairs or this goofy sign I got from Hobby Lobby: "The Laundry Room: Loads and Loads of Fun."

Frank says he thinks we need a thicker comforter for our bed. I said, "I'll get right on it! That's how I get my jolly rogers!"



3 comments:

Granny Jo said...

So happy to see the gate come down! I bet Gus is happy, too! And as a visitor to your home last week I really enjoyed all the new "accents" in your home added since Christmas.

Liz said...

I got a LOT of Jolly Rogers today but almost all of them were focused on my guest room... I got a new bedspread, bedskirt, pillow covers, bedspread and got two lamps fixed. I also got myself some new sheets for my bed! And some new jeans and a Batman t-shirt for Charlie. So.... I got about a year's worth of Jolly Rogers in one day. And it was awesome.

Writinggal said...

Thanks, GJ! But now I don't have a downstairs place for Gus' time-out. I had to schlep upstairs three times to put him in his crib since I don't have a gate to lock him behind! Still love the gateless entry though.
Liz, that does sound like a Jolly Rogers good day!