Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Gus has been here two months









































































































Gus is excited because he turns two months during his favorite month!


Here is what our little August has been up to:


He's getting really big! I don't know how big he is but he's got rolls everywhere. I love his little thunder thighs and his muffin top that hangs over his diaper.


He's still very content. Smiles are fleeting so they're special. He'll give us a big grin and then immediately it's back to serious-face. The word "poo poo" seems to give him the giggles.


I'm afraid we've got another spitter-upper on our hands. I put him in this outfit this morning and by the time I took the picture, he had made his mark. We had to remove it after this photo shoot. The other day I put him in his car seat, a good 15 minutes after he had eaten, and he started spitting up like Niagra falls. His entire onesie was soaked through; he was swimming in it! I've already traded burp cloths for receiving blankets and I think soon he'll become the bib kid, like Leo was.


He coos. It's cute.


Just last night he slept in his own room for the first time! He still wakes up once at night (or sometimes it's like 5:30 or 6:00 which I count as the morning).


He's often mistaken for a girl. I think it's because of his pretty eyes.


He's just a good, sweet boy. He really only cries when he's hungry or when he's hurt (like if big brother pulls his hand a little too hard).


Leo is very protective of him and every time someone looks at him Leo says, "No! Don't take him! He's ours!"


I can't blame Leo. I mean, Gus is so adorable it makes sense that people would want to take him!


We tried to take the "Gus 11" picture (Thanks, Jacquie, for the awesome t-shirt!) but I think we need a re-do. I must have forgotten that Gus can't hold his head up by himself yet.


























2 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh August (using your formal name, during YOUR month), you are such a cuddly little man!
Can't wait to see you and Leo in a few weeks! Love Tia K

Granny Jo said...

I think Gus is trying to catch up with his cousin Franklin...a competition to see who has the most rolls of fat. Happy 2 months, August! See you soon.