Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Big Boy + Zoo

I'm telling you, these boys are sucking the creativity right out of me. I can't think of a clever way of tying together Gus' two month doctor visit and a trip to the zoo. So pardon the disconnect.


Here's what we learned at the check-up: Gus is big. Huge. Enormous. He weighs 15 pounds and is in the 95th percentile for weight! He's 24.7 inches and is in the 92nd percentile for length. I think his head is big too but in proportion with his body. The doctor actually sympathized with me about the spit-up and gave Gus some meds. (It probably helped that he spit
up all over the exam table as you can see in one of the photos below. This, however, was a very light spit-up day for Gus.)
















And here are some zoo shots. It was Gus' first trip and, although he was very excited to go see the pandas, he fell asleep by the time we got to their exhibit.
















And this is just me and my big boy, Gus! I mean big baby. Leo would correct me if he saw this. HE is the big boy. Gus is the baby.




6 comments:

Liz said...

Good job big ol' boy... I mean, baby. :) Poor dude and his spit up! And poor MOM and his spit up. I hope the medicine helps!!!

Granny Jo said...

See you soon, Mr. Gus!

Kristin said...

Can't wait to see my Big Boy and Big Baby nephews on Friday!

Jacquie said...

You look great, Elsa! The boys too.

GR said...

The UT football staff will be sending someone to visit Gus. You can never sign a future behemoth lineman too early.

Writinggal said...

I'm glad to hear that he's getting a football scholarship. We will go ahead and stop that whole "saving for college" silliness. Oh, and someone came up to Gus when he was with Grandmother today and said, "There's a little football player." Same thing they said about me when I was a baby :)