Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

NASCAR Leo

 

I like the name Leo because it’s sort of unusual. Not unusual weird but unusual unique. But then I saw it in the Pottery Barn Kids Catalog and I feared it was becoming trendy.

Now it’s gone from from trendy to trashy. My sister sent me this article about race car driver Jeff Gordon naming his son Leo. Now people will confuse my Leo with little NASCAR Leos.

“Is your Leo the one in the Polo shirt or the one in the wife beater?”

“Is your Leo the one with all his teeth or the one with just some teeth?”

“Does your Leo have a crew cut or a mullet?”

 

But it doesn’t really matter since he asks us to call him “The Goalie” or “The Conductor” most of the time anyway. And if he becomes a NASCAR fan, he’ll probably make us call him Dale.

IMG_2376

3 comments:

Liz said...

I love picturing Leo and his "cheese" face plus telling you to call him The Conductor. That's so awesome.

Claire said...

So cute! John just saw this picture and said "I go to Leo's house to play trains".

Writinggal said...

When he tells me to call him "The Conductor" or "The Goalie," he's usually stern, not smiling!

John can come play trains anytime! Tell John's dad not to be offended by my NASCAR remarks.