Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Cousin Conspiracy

Look at this face:

ellie

Does it look like the face of a manipulative, aggressive, kleptomaniac? She’s Ellie Simcik, Leo's one and only first cousin. And according to him, she is all of these things.

When we vacationed in Virginia Beach last week with the family, Leo accused 9-month old Ellie of all kinds of crimes. We heard allegations such as:

“Baby Ellie is trying to knock me down!” (When she pulled up on the chair he was sitting on).

“Baby Ellie is pushing me!”

“Stop hitting my daddy!”

“Baby Ellie took my trains!”

“Baby Ellie took my Ernie!”

We also heard the following two sentences several times:  “I don’t like Baby Ellie” and “Go away, Baby Ellie.”

The only thing Ms. Ellie was actually guilty of? Being adorable and forcing Leo to share some of the attention.

 

Luckily, she is forgiving and the two of them had some good cousin bonding time:

 

Leo introduced Ellie to the wonders of trains. (Shhh…don’t tell…she played with them while he was napping.)

IMG_2148 (2)

 

Helpin’ a cousin out…IMG_2150

Hoarding Ernie and Elmo so Ellie couldn’t get them.

IMG_2152

 

Cameras again? Can’t we just play in peace?

 

IMG_2222

 

Cousins Cooking!

IMG_2328  

Yes, Elmo is mine!!

IMG_2256

5 comments:

Laura Simcik said...

Ellie had so much fun playing with Leo!! I love the look on her face when she finally got Elmo. She's like "I worked so hard to get him, now what do I do?!?"!

Granny Jo said...

Simply the 2 most adorable cousins I've ever seen. Most of the time I was very proud of how Leo & Ellie interacted -- despite the two-yr-old moments.

Kristin said...

That Ellie is quite an advanced little lady, and gorgeous too!

Just wait until she can actually walk, Leo! :-)

Thea said...

Baby Ellie is such a cute little mini-Laura! Laura, not calling you a klepo...just saying she looks so much like you!

Writinggal said...

Leo has not uttered the words, "I don't like Baby Ellie" since we got home. In fact, she is always a a passenger on his pretend train!