Search This Blog

Friday, August 06, 2010

More Leo Says the Darndest Things

This week Leo has said things that fall into the following categories:

--Silly

--Sweet

--Smart

 

Silly:

Every morning when I come in his room, he’s turned his crib into an imaginary train. Here’s what went on this morning.

I walk in and he announces (as he always does), “I am the conductor, Mommy!”

“Yes, you are the conductor. Who is riding on the train today?”

“Elmo, Ernie, Baby Ellie ride the train.”

He then requested that I sit in his Leo chair to ride the train. I did as I was told, of course.

“I’m going to make mommy dinner,” he said.

“Oh, there’s dinner served on this train? How nice!”

He then went into this whole dinner-making routine, mimicking everything I do while preparing a meal:

“Be patient. Don’t huss (fuss). I’m making Mac N Cheese.”

When the fake Mac N Cheese was ready he told me had to put it in the refrigerator because it was too hot. Now remember, he’s in his crib the whole time, bustling around this pretend train kitchen.

Then he started singing the “Too hot for Leo” song that I always sing but knew enough to change the words to “Too hot for Mommy.” When I tried to sing along, he said, “NO! I WILL SING IT!!”

After I ate my fake Mac N Cheese he said, “Do you want ice cream, mommy?” and then went into this whole routine of “mushing it up” because it was too cold (which is what I do with his ice cream). And all of this pretend exchange was speckled with me accidentally calling him “Leo” and him reminding me that he is “The Conductor.”

When we arrived at the pretend station, he told me he needed to get out because “the conductor needs his diaper changed.”

 

Sweet:

Leo and I were eating lunch at a park and I was explaining to him what a picnic was. I said, “I like having a picnic with you, Leo.” He said, “I love you too, Mommy.” Aw!! And when he saw that I liked that he kept saying it, which I loved, of course.

Also, during our picnic, he took a bite of my sandwich and said, “I put too much in at once” and I said, “No, you can eat it. You’re doing great.” He said, “I’m just learning!”

That’s something I tell him but not that often so I was surprised he repeated it.

 

Smart:

We were at Walgreen’s, standing in line at the pharmacy. I asked Leo, “Do you know where we are?” He said, “Walgreen’s!” and then he looked over at the Take Care Clinic and said, “And there’s the wall…and it’s GREEN! Walgreen’s!” It actually was a green wall and you know what? That totally made sense!

 

And now back to silly for a couple of videos. Just like “Daddy Doh Tow” which he used to say a long time ago, I have no idea what “Acid Plum” means but he does and he has a little dance-like move that goes with it. Enjoy!

 

 

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Laughing so hard, I'm crying...

Cannot wait to see Leo at Labor Day. Sure he will have a new occupation by then!!

GR said...

Leo's got the "moves" and the "lines." Hide the little ladies of Metro Atlanta.

Liz said...

What a muffin he is. I adore his "cheese" face. It's my favorite.

Writinggal said...

Besides being the conductor, his other characters are:
The Goalie
The Pilot
Bert (or Bert and Ernie although he's never Ernie)
A Baby
A Big Boy
He announces the title and then I must acknowledge it: "I'm the goalie, Mommy!" "Yes, you ARE the goalie!"

Jacquie said...

Love the Walgreens story. Funny how literal kids take the name of that store. Charlie at a younger age always asked me "Why don't they call it Wal-reds?" I thought he was just playing up the color idea, until he explained the sign is always in red... why not Wal-reds? Why indeed.

Jacquie said...

Guess he had never noticed the green wall... :)

Writinggal said...

That's funny about Charlie and the red sign. I think the green wall is new; it's part of the "Take Care" clinic.