Search This Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hummus Among Us

The word hummus sounds gross. And when I first tried it, back in 2006, I thought it tasted gross too. Seems like it would always show up at book club and I was like, “Hummus? Ewww…”

 

But then a month ago I tried it again. And again and again and again and now I’m like a hummus freak! I’ve had hummus every day since that second taste. Hi, my name is Elsa and I am a hummusaholic! And I didn’t just stop with classic hummus. I had roasted red pepper hummus, garlic hummus and edamame hummus (which basically tastes like guacamole).

 

It’s kinda like a cheese spread but it’s GOOD FOR YOU! It’s made of chickpeas (who knew those were good?) which are high in fiber. Hummus also has olive oil and we all know that olive oil is good whether you eat it or rub it all over your body. (Hmmm, a hummus body wrap, perhaps?)

 

Not only have I been dipping everything from crackers to Cheese-Its to bread in my hummus but put hummus on things like turkey wraps and hamburgers. Yes, a hummus hamburger!

Anyway, I just want to say sorry to hummus for misjudging it. I was wrong. So wrong. And now, all I can say is, "Thank you for taking me back, hummus!”

I may need an intervention…

7 comments:

Granny Jo said...

Mmmmm! Love hummus. Just finished the last of your edamame hummus -- thanks!

Kristin said...

Hummus does rock! I think roasted pepper is my favorite. I never pass up an invite to the Mediterranean cafe by campus for lunch. Who can resist a big pita and a glob of hummus with every meal.
Hmmm edamame flavor sounds awesome...

Writinggal said...

Really, if it says "Mediterranean," I'm sold.

Jessi said...

There's a place in London (Hummus Bros.) that is a lot like Chipotle except hummus is the main dish (then you add meat to it). It's a meal without the meat!

BTW, Costco sells a HUGE container of hummus. Baby Jules loves it!

Lisa said...

Hi,
Loved your Hummus post. I like plain hummus with lots of garlic, myself. One thing that I've tried is smashing a ripe avocado in with it. WOW. It's yummy, too. Trying to diet, so I often dip in veggies. Very good.
Enjoy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Writinggal said...

There is so much I didn't know about Hummus!! Thanks, guys! Oh, and I just bought a Sabra garlic hummus. So good!