Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Housekeeping Heaven

I've daydreamed about having a housekeeper. Nothing as serious as Alice on the Brady Bunch. Just someone to come once or twice a month to do all the chores I loathe. But I couldn't justify it. It's expensive, I can do it myself, etc.

But, oh, was I wrong.

First of all, it's not as expensive as I thought. My friend told me about her housekeeper who charges $90 once a month or $70 twice a month. Okay, so only she speaks Portuguese and you have to go through a translator to set it up but who cares?

Second, I can do it myself but I'm no good at it.

And about the etc: It's so glorious to come home to a sparkling clean house. That alone is worth $90.

Now Kezia is my new favorite person. I won't go on and on about how she cleaned the floors, the kitchen, took out the trash, dusted and got my bathroom shower looking better than it has since we moved in (although she did do all that stuff). Instead, I'll tell you about the cool, unexpected things she did:

--You know how your dish soap dispener gets all nasty? Mine's shiny and clean. You can't really tell from this pic but you can see my nice clean kitchen.

--Look at my half bath: That basket with magazines used to be up against the wall. She put it at an angle. So cute! The tissue holder is angled too. Angles are awesome.

Look at the hand towel. It's folded all neat like a hotel. We haven't dried our hands since because we don't want to mess it up.

And speaking of hotels, this is the absolute best part--the little flower she made on all the toilet paper rolls. Don't worry, we HAVE unraveled this, although we hated to.



Only three more weeks and she returns!

6 comments:

Jessi said...

See, it's totally worth it! Except, my maid hasn't cleaned the microwave yet. I might have to leave her a note because I NEVER want to clean that thing out!

Writinggal said...

I don't think mine cleaned the microwave either. I'll look closely next time. I looked like one of the kids from the Real World, running around the house going, "Look at this! OMG!" every time I'd see another clean, shiny thing!

Granny Jo said...

I'm impressed...especially the toilet paper!

Liz said...

YAY! It's my favorite thing ever. I'm going to budget for that. Especially since I'm not drinking wine. I will devote my wine budget to a housekeeper. Genius! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Writinggal said...

Liz, if you contribute your wine budget, you can afford a live-in housekeeper!