Search This Blog

Thursday, May 28, 2009

This would never happen to L.C.

The following story is true. The names have not been changed because, well, you know whose blog this is so you’d pretty much guess. Frank and I (and Leo, but he’s not really part of the story) were driving back from Hilton Head on Monday and Frank rolled down the windows. Not one to enjoy my hair flying in my face, I searched through my purse and found a headband:

Me: “Yeah! I found a headband!”
Frank: “Your L.C. headband?”
Me: “Right, like L.C. would wear a cloth grey headband. But yes, kinda like her.”
Then I put my hair in a pony tail and go to put on the headband. Problem-I can’t find it.
(Note: I’m going to stop writing “Me” and “Frank” in front of each line b/c I think you’re smart enough to follow).

"Where’s my headband? I just had it."

"Maybe you put it back in your purse."

I dig around in my purse, no headband.
I look under my legs, no headband.
I look on the floor, no headband.
Under the seat, in between the seats, in the glove compartment, in my shirt, in my pockets...no headband.

“This is so frustrating! I just had it!”

“Walk through what you did.”

“I got the headband out of my purse, set it in my lap, rolled up the window…”

“I bet it flew out the window.”

“Oh, no! You think it really flew out the window? I guess that could have happened but how would I miss that? No, I’m going to keep looking...I haven’t tried the back seat yet.”
Now I’m climbing around the backseat, wishing Leo could talk so he could tell me if it flew out the window. (I guess he’s sort of in this story.)

“I still can’t find it! It vanished! I’m gonna check my purse again.”

“Okay, but after that will you PLEASE stop looking! It’s just a headband!”

“But it’s so bizarre that one second I had it and the next, it’s gone!”

“You’re driving me crazy, looking for this headband! Just stop! Give up! I’m sure it flew out the window!”

“I’m driving you crazy? What about me? My neck hurts from looking for this headband, my arms hurt from digging through my purse. I’m exhausted!”

“So will you give up?”

“Yes, fine. But we’ll have to keep the windows up. Hope you’re happy!”

Five minutes of silence.

“Hey, Frank. I found my headband.”

“Where was it?”











3 comments:

Jacquie said...

That is so funny!

Granny Jo said...

Leo (he's back in the story) must think his parents are nuts! Or maybe you had too much sun at the beach!

Kristin said...

If Leo could talk, he could have told his silly mommy wear the headband was!