Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sir Elton John and Suri Cruise: Not the same person

Frank is easily confused. Well, if it has to do with numbers, he is not confused (unless it’s “simple math” which does, in fact, confuse him). But when it comes to celebrities, my first statement is true. His problem is that he gets people mixed up.

I’ll say, “Hey, Rick Springfield is coming to town.” And he’ll say, “I know Bruce Springsteen.”

See, he never says, “Who is that?” or “What are you talking about?” Instead, he always says something he DOES know.

Me: “Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones are so weird.”

Frank: “I know Michael Bolton and Katharine McPhee.”

The other day I made a comment about Diane Lane. He actually said, “I know Dane Cook.” I’m not sure he could have found two people more different. They’re of different genders and neither their first nor last names are the same. He might as well have said, “I know Rainn Wilson.”

But wait, there’s more:

When Everybody Loves Raymond first came out, he thought it was a TV show based on the movie Rain Man.

Okay, I have to stop before you start thinking Frank is a complete moron. Because while I know he isn’t totally celeb-savvy, sometimes I think he’s just messing with me. Like when I said, “I could really go for some Campbell’s Soup” and he said, “I know Campbell Brown.”

At least I hope he’s just messing with me. (I know Debra Messing.)

2 comments:

Liz said...

Maybe Frank needs THIS.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/72442/saturday-night-live-mom-translator#s-p1-st-i2

Writinggal said...

That's awesome!

It reminds me of when my dad asked my friend and me, "Hey, girls. Have you ever heard of this kid, Kirk Cam-or-on?"