Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mama's Day

Leo has said "mama" and "dada" for awhile but never really to us. But right after his birthday he started pointing to Frank and saying "dada." He even did this for a crowd.

Crowd: "Leo, where is dada?"
Leo turns around and points to Frank.
The crowd goes wild.
Crowd: "Leo, where is mama?"
Crickets.

So he did this dada thing for about a week but no mama.

But since he's a guy who does major things on holidays, he had a big surprise in mind for me.

On Mother's Day while I was sitting at the computer and he was playing at my feet, he pulled up on my chair, pointed at me and said very clearly and deliberately, "MAMA." I cried. I ran to the baby book and jotted it down. And he's been saying it ever since. He just points at me and says "mama" over and over again. I love it!

I haven't captured it on video but here are a few pics from our mother's day picnic:

Pointing at his mama:




Future basketball player?


With some chick he picked up in the park:


Standing and eating! So coordinated!



I love his face here! It's like "What are you lookin' at?"









1 comment:

Kristin said...

I knew he would get it! Now he is in complete control!! :-)