Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Dad List

Frank’s dad (aka Popsy) is coming to town in a couple of weeks and you know what that means…

Gotta make the dad list!

Popsy is the best kind of handy: Handy + Eager to do handy things. If you’re handy and lazy, you’re no good to me.

Last year when he was coming to visit I asked him what he wanted to do when he was here. “Oh, we can just work on Frank’s projects,” he said. Awesome. We made a list. A really long list. He (with Frank’s help) got them all done. They did things like:

Installed a new A/C switcher-thingie
Put dimmers on lots of lights
Opened a window (seriously, that was on the list. It was my office window. It was really stuck!)
Help Frank get a bag out of a tree (I was perhaps most grateful for this one. I hated that bag in that tree.)

Okay, I can’t remember anything else they did so maybe they can add to this.

But I’ve already started the dad list for this year:

Fix cabinet under the sink in kitchen
Hang a dish towel rack on said cabinet
Make a gate in the fence

If you have any requests for Popsy, start making your dad list soon. And remember: devising ways to get stubborn bags out of trees is his specialty!



No comments: