Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Fun at the Film Festival

We started this fun activity last night: it’s sort of like a film festival. We go once a week for four weeks and it’s two hours long. It’s just $50 per person and you get to see several movies. We went with our neighbors.

The films are a mix of horror and romance. On the downside, there’s lots of gore and violence. On the plus side, there’s also a lot of nudity. But then there’s that element of family too. Oh, and they were all filmed in the 80's so it’s sort of historical. Big bangs. Bad make-up. Laughable wardrobe choices.

They even let you bring pillows so you can relax while you watch the movies. You’re allowed to eat snacks but I definitely cannot watch these movies and eat. Last night, during the really gross part, I turned to look at our neighbors, Josh and Claire, and they both had their eyes covered. The film festival really should supply barf bags. I might put that in my feedback.

So we’ve got three more weeks of the film festival and then a couple of weeks after that, we actually get the opportunity to ACT OUT the movies ourselves! I will play the female lead and Frank will star as the supportive man. He definitely got the better part. Don’t worry, I will not make you watch our movie.



2 comments:

Josh Robinson said...

Ha - I was trying to be discreet when I covered my eyes (for the whole last third of the movie). There was nothing that could have prepared me for that scene. It was like watching a horror movie where you accidentally see the scary monster for just a second before you close your eyes and then it is too late to block him out.

-Josh

Writinggal said...

Good news: my mother-in-law just told me the movies are much grosser than the real thing (so you might not have to hang out in the waiting room after all)!