Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2007

Have you Met Tammy the Dog?

I'm not a novelist although when people hear I'm a writer, they automatically ask if I'm going to write one. "But I don't write fiction," I say. "Oh, sure you can!" they argue. It's like telling Celine Dion she should rap.

I once spent an entire evening arguing with a guy who said I should publish a "novella." I'm not sure exactly what that is but I think I heard it once on Destinos.

But once I did write a novel...when I was six. In fact, I talk about it on my website. It's called Tammy the Dog.

My mom recently came across the first (and only) edition of TtD and mailed it to me. I scanned it so all could enjoy its genius. It's a twelve page epic tale complete with compelling illustrations.

Little known fact: if you look closely at the cover you can see that Tammy was originally a shark. If you read the whole story, though, you'll understand why that would have been a logistical nightmare. Luckily, I was an author who valued the pencil with a firm eraser.

With that, I give you Tammy the Dog, my first novel. Or novella. Or as my mom likes to call it, a masterpiece.

3 comments:

Liz said...

I can't even tell you how much I love this. I mean... a LOT.

Writinggal said...

Thank you. I'll have my publisher send you an autographed copy.

Anonymous said...

I like it a LOT too! Of course I am a little biased.
I love that "Tammy" is a boy!!