Search This Blog

Friday, November 10, 2006

Robe if you Want to

In TV Shows, whenever people wake up in the middle of the night and have to answer their door unexpectedly, they always throw on a robe. But I don't think we do that in real life anymore and I think I know why: Victoria Secret went and made the old terry cloth robe sexy.

For instance, who wears their robe like this?




Thanks to her, everybody thinks robes are sexy and now they can’t throw them on in a pinch.

Sometimes we stay at hotels that offer robes. It doesn’t happen often because let’s face it, “La Quinta” is not Spanish for “free robes.” So when we get 'em, we capture the moment:









Even Frank gets into the spirit!
But see? We're saying, "Hey, I just got out of the shower. I'm all bundled up because it's cold and I'm going to get ready for the evening now. Thanks."
But what is this girl saying?
"I was just lounging on this futon in my robe when someone knocked on the door. I yelled 'Come in!' and then I struck this pose. I wish more of my leg would show though. "
And what about this girl?
"I love my pink robe but sometimes I'm like, 'what about my feet and calves? They're cold too.' So I wear these pajama-style UGGs. They're great. My thighs still show and I don't have to wear a moo-moo."
Sometimes men try to get robe-sexy too:
"I wonder if the girl on the futon will dig me in this robe. Should I put both hands in the pockets? Should I show some chest hair?"
Now this lady, she knows how to wear a robe!

"I'm going to get the morning paper. I feel comfortable AND I won't give the neighbors a peep show. I'm classy but not frumpy."
I've had the same white, hooded terry cloth robe since I graduated high school. I'm thinking of getting a new one. Will I get the morning-paper-lady one? Nah. I'm totally going for that cute, calf-length pink number.
And maybe some pajama-style UGGs to go with it.

No comments: