Search This Blog

Monday, November 13, 2006

Monday Musings

Just got back from teaching cycle where someone said, “We all think you have methamphetamine in your water bottle!” Another person told me all about her liposuction and boob lift.

Ah, conversations like that can only mean one thing: must be Monday morning with the Frisco housewives. Love those gals.

____________________________________________________________________


One week and two days until my Grandma arrives at my house! I’ve hosted Thanksgiving many times but never have I had Grandma Lib as a guest. I put a night light in her room and I’m planning on picking up a gallon of pimento cheese later this week. Should be all set.

When I spoke with her last week I said that on the night before Thanksgiving we’ll just grab something to eat like at Chick Fil-a. She said she would treat because “that would be quite economical.”

____________________________________________________________________


Saw the Borat movie. Loved it. High Fiiiiiive!! (Now I finally know what Thea’s been talking about.)

________________________________________________________________________



I’ve got a new fan: It’s Avery Clayton, age 2 and ½. She and her mom, Alicia, were going to the airport to pick up Alicia’s mom (Nana) and Alicia asked Avery, “Do you know who we’re going to pick up?” Avery said, “Elsa!” Alicia said that makes me cool because I’m on the same level as Nana.

But this really solidified it: When Alicia asked Avery what she would name a puppy if they got one, she replied, “Baby Elsa.”

Yes. Having a dog named after me is totally flattering. I better watch it or I’ll get an inflated ego.

Too late.

________________________________________________________________________


$89.92!!!

That’s how close we are to $100. I think if you guys can click on ads this week, we should get there before Christmas. Then I’ll start making plans for the HUGE $100 blow out.

Just think of all the boxes of wine I can buy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you like me to name my new puppy "Baby Elsa" instead of Paloma? Or would that be weird?

I clicked on your ads, I am expecting lots of boxed wine at Thanksgiving!

Writinggal said...

Or maybe you should name her Baby Avery. Then it would all come full circle.

I think my plea helped. I'm at $89.96!

Carrie said...

I clicked on ads too..I will keep clicking..

Anonymous said...

Avery is still asking where Elsa is everywhere we go!