Search This Blog

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Day 3: I Hate my Soft Diet



Who wants to eat soft food for 14 days? Yogurt makes me yawn. I curse at cottage cheese. And I’m definitely done with soup.

Even my much-anticipated VitaTop ice cream milkshake was at best palatable.



On day one Frank did soft foods with me too. Well, he had a bowl of soup with a corn dog so he partially did the diet. By day two he was done with soft foods and I made him this chicken, pasta, veggie dish I’ve been wanting to make. Who wants to cook food you can’t even eat? If I wanted that I’d be a food stylist. They put too much glue and sheen on food to eat it.

I want to chew. I want to bite. I want to devour!

And I really want a drink.

6 comments:

Writinggal said...

Just saw Stef's idea from yesterday about mashed potatoes. That sounds divine!

Also, when I was eating a tiny can of soup last night and considering having a second, I noticed that the back said it was 2.5 servings! What?? I needed to eat like 7.5 servings just to stay coherent!

Jessi said...

What about cheese ravioli? Those are soft and yummy...with just a tad bit of chewing.

Writinggal said...

Maybe in a few days. I can't have food getting caught up in my "gum band-aids." Gross, I know!

Jessi said...

Ahhh I see.

I had gum surgery a while back. Had a bone graph done with cow bone. Justin called me moo-mouth for a while. What a jerk!

Soft foods get old real fast.

Writinggal said...

Can you imagine if I had that done? Then I REALLY couldn't shake this Elsie the Cow thing!

Anonymous said...

That's a good one Elsie, I mean Elsa!!