Search This Blog

Monday, February 09, 2015

HGTVing It Part II

It didn't happen in 22 minutes but the process of taking my cabinets from pine-90s-laminate to glorious white was pretty quick. And pretty smooth. At least for me. I just had to keep the kids outta there for three days. (There was a lot of fast food consumed. Leo declared Sonic the "best restaurant ever.") 

Here is what they looked like at the end of Day 2. I gotta tell you, I was a little concerned. At this point they still looked Ikea chic. 




But then the guys came in on Day 3 with the doors and panels...



…and the molding! That made a huge difference.


And then the heavens opened up and I think I heard angels singing, "Alleluia!" And there they were. The most beautiful kitchen cabinets ever in my price range!



I am absolutely in love with these cabinets, and really, my whole kitchen. I am a smitten kitten.

They not only look pretty. They look right. They look like they belong here! Like, "Where have you been all my life?"



This is where I stand for 85% of the day. Surely my neighbors think I am chained here. But hey, if this is prison, get me an orange jump suit!





So to sum it up: 


BEFORE: 





AFTER!


2 comments:

Granny Jo said...

Amazing transformation!

Unknown said...

Looks great! I didn't notice your green paint in the before photos and wondered if you painted the walls too!

I have oak cabinets and I'm *this* close to painting them white. But everyone in Minnesota has some sort of oak cabinets/trim in their house so it may be a problem when we move. They love their wood colors up here!