Search This Blog

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Weekend Hodge Podge

This weekend we went to the Downtown Frisco StrEATs festival where we ate, drank and listened to bands. The boys (all three of them) really enjoyed the kid bands from School of Rock. I agreed that they were talented, but a little loud and heavy for this mama.








Leo always loved the book I Love you More about a mother and son but I just read it to Gus on Saturday. He did the same thing Leo used to do where he hugged me in the part that says "And he wrapped his arms around her and with all the love that he had…" It was pretty freakin' sweet:




During Sunday mass we usually send Gus to the nursery and Leo to preschool faith formation. It's been working pretty well for us. But this week they didn't have FF because of Palm Sunday so Leo came with us to "big church." He loves to color during church but we told him that he should try to stand as long as he could during the long gospel. He did his best but about halfway through he asked if he could color again. "I've already heard this story two times," he told us. After, he said that he WAS listening and he was following along in his Easter coloring book. He showed us how he colored the crown of thorns, the tomb and Pilate. We were impressed (and we think that totally made up for him not standing up during the gospel). 





4 comments:

Granny Jo said...

Delightful!!! You have the sweetest and funniest boys.

GR said...

I'll be going to church this Easter for one of my two annual visits. Maybe I'll take a coloring book. Thanks for the suggestion, Leo!

Writinggal said...

Thanks! GR, maybe GM can find some coloring books for you at the place where she found Leo's!

Granny Jo said...

I have an extra Easter coloring book at my house I can lend to GR