Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Leo says--can you believe it?--even MORE darndest things

UPDATE: If you have already read this blog, read it again. Well, at least the first part. I realized I left out a good darndest thing so I am adding it here at the beginning: 

While en route to Houston a couple of weeks ago we stopped at a McDonald's, temporarily forgetting that Leo is not a fan of the restaurant's mascot. "But Ronald McDonald does lots of wonderful things, Leo," I  said after Leo refused to eat because of his dislike for the clown. "He has this charity called The Ronald McDonald House and it helps families of children who are sick…" This went on for a few minutes, almost bringing me to tears as I thought of all these poor families. When I was done with my monologue, Leo said in a low, gruff voice:

"Look, some people just don't like clowns. You got it?"




That Leo. He is a big fan of Jesus. So here he is retelling the story of Jesus' crucifixion. It drags a little but stay with it, he gets to the point eventually. I was impressed with all the details he remembered from his faith formation class:




My other two examples are more your usually "darndest" style Leo comment:

So I call Leo "The King of the Boo boos" because he always has some injury or ailment to complain about. I often try to tell him the story of the boy who cried wolf and sometimes change it to "the boy who cried boo boo." I did this the other day when he was SCREAMING about an injury and I really had no idea if it was serious or minor (but I suspected the latter).

"Leo, I see you're upset but I can't tell if this is actually a big boo boo or if you're just overreacting. See, you act like this over EVERY boo boo. So it would be better if, when it's just a little boo boo, you just said 'ow' instead of whining and screaming about it. Then, when you DO have a big boo boo, I'll give you lots of attention. Does that make sense? Can you not make a big deal unless it's a big boo boo?"

And then he said something smart:
"Well, maybe all my boo boos are big boo boos."

Darn. Stumped me again.


And lastly, while shopping at CostCo with both boys Leo was riding in the main part of the basket and I kept telling him to sit down.

"Mommy, life is not all about sitting down!"








2 comments:

Granny Jo said...

Life is not all about sitting down? A warning to Leo: your words of wisdom will come bact to bite you when you're a teen

Writinggal said...

Ha! Yes, good thing I have this blog :)