Search This Blog

Friday, December 06, 2013

Frozen



Even though I haven't seen the movie Frozen, I have been told by Frank and Leo that there is a character named Queen Elsa and she has the power to freeze everything she touches. 
Well, life must be imitating art because I, Queen Elsa, made everything in the DFW area frozen today. My evil plan was to make it icy, not snowy, so little kids couldn't play in it. But apparently ice is fun too and actually makes sledding faster. 

Oh, and in the tradition of snow days, we waited eagerly to hear if schools and offices were closed. They were! And we found out the night before which was awesome. 

This is what we woke up to this morning! Thanks, Queen Elsa. 




Leo said, "I'm all bundled up" (in his windbreaker!)



That's more like it! 


Frank worked from home...as much as the boys would let him.


Ice sledding!



Leo loved the cold weather. He could totally be a Yankee. Gus liked it too...for about 15 minutes. 



2 comments:

GR said...

Your pics remind me of growing up in Ohio and freezing at the bus stop. Sometimes a neighbor would have mercy and open a garage door to let us thaw out. The boys are lucky they live further south in southern Oklahoma (er, northern Texas).

Writinggal said...

I do not know how people live anywhere north of here! This cold thing is fun for one day. Two max. We are STILL slipping on the ice, almost a week later. Not what I signed up for!