Search This Blog

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Swim School Rules!

I am SO proud of how far Leo and Gus have come with their swimming these last few months. We started swim lessons in April and have gone just about every week. Leo was in the "preschool beginners" class because, even though he had taken swim lessons somewhere else last summer, he really couldn't swim on his own. But at this level he was still in the lane on his own with just a teacher and a few other swimmers. Gus was in Water Babies and I was in the water with him. 

I'm so impressed with their swim school, Emler.  It's not just "let's sing some songs" and "let's swim with floaties" (although they do a little of that), it is serious swimming. Well, sometimes they make silly faces through the glass: 




The other day they had make-up swim lessons and since it was Saturday, Frank got in the water with Gus. And I got to take pictures and videos! So here are several from Gus' class and one from Leo's (sorry, Leo)! 

















We finished the summer session last week and they both got promoted to the next levels! Leo could move on to Advanced Beginners but since he will be in preschool four days a week, we are going to hold off on more swim lessons right now. Gus is now a Super Water Baby which means he is now swimming without a parent too! I am going to take him on Wednesday mornings when Leo is in school. I am really looking forward to just sitting on the side and watching my little fish swim (and maybe catching up on my reading too).

1 comment:

Granny Jo said...

Wow! Both kids have really improved since I saw them at swim school a few months ago. Good job, boys!