Search This Blog

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Leo Says the Darndest Things XXXIIIXIXI




 I don't want to sugar coat this and act like, just because Leo says cute/funny things, that he is always a joy to be around. He is especially irritable lately and I liken him to a volcano. He could erupt at any moment. So I just want to get it out that when I called him "Super Leo," I spoke too soon.

But in between his bad behavior and frequent outbursts he says some pretty comical things. Here are a few:

When he's hungry he now says, "I'm soakin' hungry!"

I asked him what he wanted for breakfast and he said, "I don't mind anything." I said, "So you mean you're flexible about what you eat?" He said, "Yes, I'm flexible about everything, except if it was a Polo shirt contest." (Side note: He still HATES Polo shirts. It's been about two years of this phase! Over it.)

The next few are all of a religious nature:

While shopping at Target Leo suddenly said (pretty loudly), "Is Easter when Jesus died or when he rose from the dead?" I told him it was when he rose from the dead. Why? "Because I am just SO excited for Easter!!"

We bought these stickers at Target and when we were ALL putting the stuff on the belt (Leo and Gus are very good helpers), Leo said, "Look at these stickers! There are two of every animal. Just like Noah!"

Later, Leo got in trouble for something at home and he told me that he is angry all the time and that "hate" is his favorite word. I said, "Is that how Jesus feels? Jesus wasn't angry all the time and I bet 'Love' was his favorite word." Leo said, "Well we can't all be like HIM!"

Today Leo got in trouble again (I told he's bad!) and after I scolded him I heard him in the other room praying, "Dear God....in the name of the Father, Son, Holy Spirit, Amen." I was so proud of him for praying about his problems on his own! I said, "Leo, were you just praying? What did you pray for?"
He said, "I prayed for no mommy!"

This last one is purely secular but still funny:
We were painting and Leo said, "I'm going to paint this picture of my hand and hang it up in the kitchen. Then when I am grown up you and daddy can look at it and say, 'Oh, I remember when he was little and we could play with him and he was so cute. Now he's not cute anymore!'"

Hopefully he is right and we will look at that and just remember how cute and funny he was and not that he was a little monster.  As you can see here, we only photograph the cuteness: Leo and Gus having shaved ice at Bahama Bucks and below that in their adorable new shirts from Tia with Tia.






3 comments:

Granny Jo said...

Yes, as the mom of 3 adult children who now have their own kids, I can gladly say that I have only good memories of cute, adorable kids. Very grateful the frustrating moments that I' m sure I had are forgotton.

GR said...

I only recall cute, happy moments with my two daughters; from the time they were young to the present (Not).

Liz said...

HYSTERICAL!