Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Gus has been here seven months



Grandpa Ron says Gus is "Easy Money." I've got a few days left of that because Gus is about to be on the move! And I predict that once our sweet boy is mobile, he is going to be into everything. He's showing small signs of mischievousness already. For instance, if I give him a toy to play with but there's a non-toy item near by like a shoe, he'll go straight for the shoe.

"Who me? Mischievous?"


I also predict that he is going to be a climber and one of those kids who gets into cabinets. I say this because a). he's very squirmy and is already difficult to diaper (lots of rolling around) and b). Leo was not a climber nor a cabinet looter so I figure this one will be.

Gus is doing the military scoot so he does a combination of that and rolling and boy, that kid can get around the room! In fact, as I write this he is all over the playroom/guest room/office...most likely trying to get into non-toy things!

He's still very good-natured and smiles and laughs all the time. He loves to cuddle!

Lots has happened on the food front too: In just a little over one month of eating Gus has tried sweet potatoes, broccoli, carrots, bananas, apples, oatmeal and those puff things that babies eat. And not all of these are pureed! The other night we went to Bahama Breeze and I forgot to bring food for Gus (which is really more for distraction). I saw that they had a banana milkshake on the menu so I ordered it for him...just kidding, you can't give milkshakes to babies! No, I asked the waitress for a banana and she gave me one. Little Gus ate almost the whole thing! I didn't mush it up or anything. This is actually a big step for me since I was so scared to have Leo chew anything. That kid still doesn't like to chew!

Gus is also very vocal, despite his generally quiet demeanor. He pretty much yells the whole time he's in the high chair, demanding more food. I've been showing him the sign for "more" and "food" and I can just tell he's going to do it any day now. He also says "ma-ma-ma" and "da-da-da" but just in a babbling way, not addressing us. But if I really wanted to stretch it, I could say that he's saying Mama and Dada already :)

Okay, just a few more things to note since Gus is about to make his way under the couch...sleeps well, spits up a lot...

This pic was taken right before Gus sucked on Leo's shoulder to which Leo was greatly offended.
A bare-bottomed Leo trying to crash our photo shoot!

4 comments:

Granny Jo said...

Happy 7 months, Gus! I'll be sure to pack my running shoes for my next visit...think I'll need them. Can't wait to play with you and your big brother.

GR said...

Despite your concerns, Gus is still "Easy Money." 7 months and counting!

Kristin said...

Happy 7 months sweet baby Gus! Watch out Leo, Gus will be into your toys any day now!

Aimee said...

elsa, i am dying over his cuteness! happy 7 months!