Search This Blog

Thursday, June 03, 2010

His Future’s So Bright

“I don’t like the sun!”

“Light off! Light off!”

“I want it dark!”

These are all things our light-sensitive son says every day. In fact, he dislikes light so much that he’s willing to wear sunglasses all the time.

 

IMG_1609

People often say, “I can’t believe he keeps those on!” I can’t either. He wears them outside, in the car and sometimes requests them inside. “I want my sunglasses!” he whines.

 

IMG_1766

Thank you, One Step Ahead, for making these sunglasses with a strap!

 

IMG_1782

 

We even bought him a second pair because if he loses these, we wouldn’t hear the end of it.

IMG_1787

He even slept with them on in the car the other day!

I’m not sure which he likes more—the fact that they shield his eyes from the sun or that people make a fuss over him when he wears them: “Look at that cool dude!” “Hey, are you a rock star?” “I like those shades!”

3 comments:

Liz said...

That's so hilarious! You never see kids keep things on like that. The good news is that he will at least GO in the sun... even if he hates looking at it.

Kristin said...

Tia understands, I cannot leave home without mine!
I even wear them when it is cloudy!


Hmm..maybe he does just love the attention!

Writinggal said...

When it's cloudy is the worst! I need mine all the time too. His new pair is camoflauge!