Search This Blog

Monday, April 06, 2009

CinderElsa


Despite the fact that we have about seven floor-cleaning contraptions, I have taken to getting down on my hands and knees to scrub our downstairs.
Here's how I got there: As a wedding present, someone gave me a Swiffer. I love my Swiffer. The only problem is, it's the extra large version so normal Swiffer wipes don't fit it. You have to buy the extra large Swiffer wipes. The dry ones are easy to find. The wet ones, which I prefer, are only at Walmart.
So whenever I go to Walmart, I stock up on extra large Swiffer wets. And to be honest, they're not actually Swiffer brand. They're Grime Boss. I really don't enjoy Walmart so sometimes I run in just for these GB extra large wet wipes and buy up half a dozen packages of them.
As long as I had a good supply of them, that meant I didn't have to go to Walmart for awhile and my floors were clean. Life was good.
But then one day I ran out. I had to make the dreaded trip to Walmart. Yuck. And worse, they didn't have the wipes! I returned another time, still no wipes! Finally, I settled for the regular size Swiffer wet wipes, thinking I could double up on my Swiffer.
It was a floor-cleaning-failure. The small Swiffer wets were falling off my giant Swiffer. And since I didn't want to waste them, I ended up cleaning by hand. I decided that maybe this would be the new way I would clean my floors. I mean, it's not that big of a house. Surely, I can crawl around with a wet cloth once or twice a week...
It sure would be nice to delegate though. If only I knew someone who liked to crawl around on the floor...

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I hate cleaning more than anyone, but I'll admit it is sometimes just easier to scrub the floor on your hands and knees!
I think all those mop contraptions just make more of a mess!
It would be nice to have a little helper! :-)

Granny Jo said...

I have the same problem, so one day -- when I was tired of the "on hands and knees" solution -- I put a wet wipe under each foot and glided on my floors! At first it was fun, but it is easy to slip and fall. It was great inner thigh exercise, though. Reminded me of the "slide" fitness class from years ago.

heatherc said...

2 baby wipes fit on my regular-sized swiffer. I take off about half of the handle so it's about 2 feet long and Jonah does the mopping!