Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Pressing Pause

Frank once said to a girlfriend, “I think of our relationship like a VCR. I’m going to press pause.”

Now even though that was clearly a statement made in the 90’s and a DVD reference would be more applicable now, I’m going to use it.

My blog is like a VCR. I need to press pause.

I’ve had to re-prioritize and oddly enough, it turned out that the work that I get paid for had to come first.

You might say, “But writing a blog doesn’t take any time.” To that I say, “Well, it shouldn’t. But I’m a little slow.”

You might also say, “But writing the blog IS your job! It’s your livelihood!” To that I say, “If this was my livelihood I could never afford that fancy soy milk.”

You might ask, “Will you be gone forever?” To that I say, “Please refer to the VCR reference. I’m not pressing “power” or even “stop.” Just “pause.” I might check in once a week, maybe twice a week. Who knows? Maybe I’ll post on Saturday night. Hey, I said I’m busy with writing, not with a social life.”

You might want to know, “How long will you pause?” To that I say, “Well, you can only pause so long, especially if you have a Beta machine. Eventually the pause button unpauses and goes on with the movie.”

I’m not really sure how that relates to this but I’m guessing maybe a month or so. Again, I may still post, just not every day. And it’s possible you might have to adjust the tracking.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sad. But understand... (pout, pout.)

Liz said...

I love you blogginggal. I will miss checking in on your blog every day... it's like we still talk every day when you blog! Now I guess I'll have to keep up with you the traditional way... via email and cellular telephones. :(

Anonymous said...

Maybe it'll be like Tivo! You can only pause live TV for 30 minutes. See ya back at 10:51am.

Anonymous said...

We will expect very exciting blogs, since they will only be "Special Editions"!

We will just have to stayed tuned, for "a very special episode of writing gal"!

Writinggal said...

Oh, yikes. You guys aren't going to be calling me non-stop now? Or worse: Showing up at my house without Girl Scout cookies?

Anonymous said...

Work comes first, you need to make money to buy the Girl Scout cookies. I'll miss the daily story, don't get rusty!!

Anonymous said...

First, I can't believe Frank said that to a girlfriend!! Did he get away with it? Second, I'll miss my daily fill of blogginggal! But it will make each installment that much more special. Good luck with your real work!

Writinggal said...

Poor girl. She was young and impressionable. And Frank can be very charming.

Anonymous said...

If I was retired, I'd fill in for you. Things like, " Did you hear the one about...."

Writingdad