Search This Blog

Thursday, May 08, 2014

Muffins with Mom

This morning Leo was being difficult. I won't bore you with the details so I'll just say it got to the point where I said, "Well, if you're not ready in time then we just won't go to Muffins with Mom." He was very excited about this event at his school where I was planning to go back and forth between his class and Gus' and partake in special muffins. But when I said that he said, "I wish it was Leo with cake."

The whole thing escalated when Leo tried to cut a necklace he had made for me. Furious, I called Frank for a sanity check: "Would it be too cruel if I canceled Muffins with Mom?" He said that yes, it would be too cruel and that I should take something away instead. Just as I was about to tell Leo that he had lost TV for the rest of the day, he pulls out this piece of yellow construction paper with a heart on it and says, "But I was just about to give this to you to apologize!"

Well, that was a first.

Heart melted. Punishment forgotten. All was forgiven. And we had a lovely time at Muffins with Mom. I think Leo may have even preferred it over Leo with cake.





Believe it or not, I wasn't the oldest mom in there at 82. The mom next to me was estimated at 171 by her son :)

5 comments:

Kristi said...

Cooking and exercising were also mentioned on my card! But I'm 5 and I weigh 5 pounds. i'm so good at exercising I've lost all my weight ;)

GR said...

Don't feel bad. 80 is the new 60!

Granny Jo said...

Beautiful at 82!

Writinggal said...

Kristi, five years old and five pounds? Nice! I asked Leo if he just guessed on my age or if he was sure. He said he was sure :)

ElizabethF said...

Love that you're 82!!! Ha Ha Ha Ha!